August 23, 2019
Alicia, Founder & CEO
August 2019 TRUST Consulting Group Newsletter
- We help you find employees.
- Applying online is easy for potential hires with a simplified, online application process.
- Capture applicant information immediat
ely with our text-to-apply option.
- Efficient and easy-to-use onBoarding process gets new hires on the schedule faster.
- Leverage efficiency and simplicity to maximize your Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
- Add in eVerify for peace of mind.
- Find out who your new hires are through background checks.
- Proactively address retention through reviews and exit interviews.
- Other services include custom forms for individual process for your company, food handlers courses and ACA management.
- Our goal is to eliminate paper and improve efficiencies for your entire hiring process.
TRUST is your one-stop shop for hiring: from hiring to retention management, TRUST has answers for your company’s hiring needs.
I-9s are in the News
- The current I-9 expires Aug. 31, 2019. However USCIS has not published a new version of the form and guidance (uscis.gov/i-9) from the agency is to continue using the current version. Signup for I-9 updates from the USCIS website here.
- At TRUST, your hiring team might notice we are handling internal management a bit differently. We’ve made some changes per guidance from USCIS (www.uscis.gov/i-9-central) and Dickinson Wright PLLC.
- We would like to make self-auditing your company’s I-9s a little bit easier for you. On a monthly basis, we can pull I-9s and provide an update regarding which ones are unverified and then discuss options for compliance. While I-9 compliance may seem simple, it is full of hurdles that can create liabilities for businesses. We can proactively identify issues, which often is the result of human error, and pro-actively create a resolution and provide training. Reach out to Angela@
trustconsultinggroup.com for more information.
eVerify helps employers hire with confidence. Our team at TRUST is trained on how to eVerify your employees for a lower ROI than it would cost your team to manage the process. The process is simple – we verify eligibility from documents used with I9s. More the 95 percent of the time, your new hire receives a ‘Congratulations and you’re on your way.’ However, if the system returns a “not authorized” message, we then work with your hiring managers to determine next steps – maybe a SSN was typed in incorrectly, for example. For more information about eVerify, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Manage your own Users
We would like your input on the entire onBoarding process of new hires – from identifying potential employees to our onBoarding process to future integrations with our onBoarding process. Please click here to answer our six-question survey.
Legislative Update: DCR, Native American Credits and WOTC
The designated community resident credit and the Native American credit are still in a holding pattern with little or no movement in Congress since our July update.
The House Ways and Means Committee approved its version of tax extenders June 30th.
What You May Have Missed?