WHY ELECTRONIC ONBOARDING - RETENTION
Finding, training and keeping employees is one of the most critical functions for any business. If you own or manage a business that relies on hourly employees this becomes an even more pressing problem. There certainly is a shortage of workers for an ever growing demand for these employers.
How to separate your business from others will not only get more people to apply to your open positions, it will keep them there longer. Here are some statistics from the Society for Human Resource Management:
- “69 percent of employees are more likely to stay with a company for three years if they experienced great onboarding.”
- “New employees who went through a structured onboarding program were 58 percent more likely to be with the organization after three years.”
- “Organizations with a standard onboarding process experience 50 percent greater new-hire productivity.”
Those are pretty startling statistics, and they dont take into account the cold hard cash it takes to actually bring new employees into your organization.
More and more organizations are moving their onboarding process from physical to digital. There are several benefits an organization can realize by moving more and more of the onboarding process to digital.
- It saves time. Your new hires can complete a majority of the “paperwork” before they even show up for their first day. You no longer have to take the employee and managers time to sit and fill out paperwork when they show up. This task can be completed by the employee in the comfort of their own home. Not only saves time, but you do not have to pay for your managers and new hires to sit around a table signing documents.
- It actually creates a more personal onboarding experience. Instead of kicking off a new hires orientation with a show and tell of paperwork, your managers get to immediately have face to face interactions with new hires, and create a relationship that leads to a better connection to the organization.
- The onboarding experience becomes much more engaging and positive. Both employees and managers get to jump right into the one on one training that is much more interactive AND it leads to employees being able to actually get to work faster.
With advances in technology and more and more people having access to the internet by use of computer and smartphone, it only makes sense the electronic onboarding will be a cornerston of your new hire experience.
At Trust Consulting Group, we have been providing electronic onboarding solutions to our partners for years. If you would like to learn how you could benefit from our solutions, please reach out to one of our partner advocates today.